Friday, April 22, 2011

My Battle with "Stuff"

I sometimes get so tired of stuff.

I get overwhelmed with stuff.

None of it is inherently bad, but this stuff still manages to make me feel a bit neurotic at times.

I want to get rid of some of this stuff.

I want to simplify all this stuff.

If it were just me, I like to think I wouldn't have all this stuff, but it's not just me. It's US and WE have a lot of STUFF.

Right now I'm cleaning out a lot of boy stuff because rumor has it that baby #4 is a girl. We do, however, still have a lot of baby girl stuff and some gender neutral baby stuff.

Then there are the toys, and games, and puzzles, and books and all the stuff that comes with kids. Not to mention the socks, and shoes, and clothes, and hair bows, and sports stuff.

Let's not even look at my side of the closet, because there's stuff that I can wear when I'm not pregnant, then all the stuff that I'm wearing at various stages of pregnancy, and the stuff that I'll need after the baby is born (if you've never had a baby in your house, you wouldn't believe some of it if I told you).

The love of my life might like to say that he doesn't keep stuff unless he uses it, and that is why he still occasionally wears a t-shirt that he got in 1988 (yes, he was in elementary school then).

There are days that I feel like backing a large truck in front of my house, tossing all the stuff into the back of it, and starting over with nothing.

I've been making somewhat frequent trips to Goodwill. I consign and give away stuff at regular times during the year.

Do you need some stuff? I may start selling it off by the pound in the near future.

1 comment:

Laura said...

AMEN sister!!!! Right after Christmas I was literally in tears with decluttering and going through all the NEW STUFF!! I was about a second away from selling it all and moving to the mission field;)